Higher Education Evaluation Center（HEEC）, established in August 2004, is a public institution with statutory mandate under the auspices of the Ministry of Education. HEEC is a national-level authoritative organization for higher education quality assurance, with the responsibility of providing multi-level, professional and diversified forms of services on higher education quality monitoring and evaluation for the government, higher education institutions and society, making significant contributions to connotative development of quality-based higher education in China.
HEEC organized into 7 divisions --Division of Institutional Evaluation, Division of Program Evaluation, Division of Accreditation, Division of Information, Division of Training, Division of General Affairs, and Administrative Office. HEEC also functions as the Secretariat of China Engineering Education Accreditation Association (CEEAA).
The main duties of HEEC:
- Carry out theoretical research on the concept, policies, regulations and standards of higher education reform evaluation.
- Establish quality assurance monitoring system, standard system, index system and discourse system;
- Conduct institutional evaluation to HEls;
- Organize program/specialized accreditation and evaluation to HEls;
- Provide information service consultation and publication for the quality assurance of higher education.
- Develop and maintain the National Database ofBasic Educational Status, and regularly monitoreducational quality via the National Database;
- Publish national higher education quality monitoring reports, and release higher education quality information;
- Offer training to evaluators, HEIs and QA agencies;
- Develop exchanges, cooperation and partnerships with overseas QA agencies and international organizations;