Education Quality Evaluation Agency of the Ministry of Education（EQEA）, established in August 2004, is a public institution with statutory mandate under the auspices of the Ministry of Education. EQEA is a national-level authoritative organization for education quality assurance, with the responsibility of providing multi-level, professional and diversified forms of services on education quality monitoring and evaluation for the government, education institutions and society, making significant contributions to connotative development of quality-based education in China.
EQEA organized into 10 divisions –General Office, Division of Party Affairs (Human Resource Division), Division of Preschool Education Quality Evaluation, Division of General Primary and Secondary Education and Special Education Quality Evaluation, Division of Vocational Education Quality Evaluation, Division of Higher Education Institutions Evaluation, Higher Education Professional Certification and Program Evaluation, Division of Evaluation Monitoring and Research, Division of Information Technology and Security, Division of Coordination and Development Planning. EQEA also functions as the Secretariat of China Engineering Education Accreditation Association (CEEAA).
The main duties of EQEA:
- Carry out theoretical research on the concept, policies, regulations and standards of education reform evaluation.
- Establish quality assurance monitoring system, standard system, index system and discourse system.
- Conduct institutional evaluation to education institutions.
- Organize program/specialized accreditation and evaluation to education institutions.
- Provide information service consultation and publication for the quality assurance of education.
- Develop and maintain the National Database of Basic Educational Status, and regularly monitor educational quality via the National Database.
- Publish national higher education quality monitoring reports, and release higher education quality information.
- Offer training to evaluators, education institutions and QA agencies.
- Develop exchanges, cooperation and partnerships with overseas QA agencies and international organizations.